Author Topic: cow level  (Read 18643 times)

ceejay

• Lamz0r N00b
cow level
« on: August 12, 2008, 08:07:16 PM »
played right through with my barb , now lvl 72 , but have not seen any of the seven secret ingredients for cow level ,  readme only points to hell difficulty , does anyone know where to find these items  ???  not sure if its a bug or im unlucky ....
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 08:15:28 PM by ceejay »

lechef

• Administrator
  • C.H.U.M.
Re: cow level
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 08:32:04 PM »
You need the seven ingredients to open the cow level, some are easy to get and most are very hard, and a few are nearly impossible to get. And i'm not sure if you have to be in hell to get them.

I can't seem to find my list, its probably somewhere .. but if I remember correctly :

- one item drops from the the dragons (fang) thats the easy one
- one from the final boss in the dungeon in hell (nearly impossible)
- one from the ice boss in the ice caverns
- one from a boss in the 4 temples near the end of act3
- ?
- ?
- one from breaking the red windows in act4 (special trick has to be done here)

Z probably has the list somewhere ..
There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't ..

ceejay

• Lamz0r N00b
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 09:14:19 PM »
thats weird ...i thought id start with act 4 , red windows ... ive been to every building on the map ...heres the kicker , no red windows anywhere  , unless the trick is to make them appear first ?  i will try some of the others to see .  thanx

Zaranthos

• Administrator
  • C.H.U.M.
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 10:53:03 PM »
Some areas don't spawn every time. So you might have to make a new game a few times to get the right stuff. Makes it more challenging. The windows are pretty tricky to do.

Here's the old list. I can't remember if all these items are current or not. The hard part is getting them in the first place. There's nothing easy about the secret cow level in this MOD. Not for newbs. :)

Old Pieces:
1. A tome that opens a portal home.
2. The wooden leg of a boy who once swindled adventurers for a glimpse of a potentially good item.

Azmodan is related but you can't get the piece from him at the moment (now fixed).

Belial should have a piece, but it may be hard to get it from him with bishy bug. Drifter Cavern (Glacial Trail).

Reziarfg has one.

Dragons have one.

Most monsters in The Dungeon has one (not terribly common, but better than in 1.22)

Ditto for Act 2 Horadric Cube area.

The Dark Lord has one.

There's your seven.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 10:57:47 PM by Zaranthos »

ceejay

• Lamz0r N00b
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 12:57:31 AM »
have found fangs ... and plenty of them every dragon seems to have them  :o
found nothing on belial ... yet  , after 3 runs he still has nothing , can this bishy bug be fixed ?  or maybe the item relocated to a different monster   ?  just seems pointless in trying if its bugged
any hints on the windows...
thanx
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 01:13:59 AM by ceejay »

lechef

• Administrator
  • C.H.U.M.
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 06:45:39 AM »
Like Z said the windows spawn only once in every x games started. So you need to start a game, then explore act4 until you either find them or not, then if not you start over.

Then you need to find a way to break them :o

Oh and I did a few runs to get those pieces a while back, and I remember Z doing lots of Dark Lord and Belial runs and not getting the pieces too, so don't think you'll just get them quickly, they are meant to be very difficult to get.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 06:55:38 AM by lechef »
There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't ..

Zaranthos

• Administrator
  • C.H.U.M.
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 08:45:52 AM »
can this bishy bug be fixed ?  or maybe the item relocated to a different monster   ?  just seems pointless in trying if its bugged
any hints on the windows...

No it can't be fixed. It's a bug specific to 1.09d which the MOD is based on. Blizzard fixed it in 1.10 and it's not likely the MOD will ever be converted to 1.10. Not likely to be moved to a different monster. You have to work for it. :)

The windows? Do lots of damage really fast and try some elemental damage. Unless you can trick Azmodon into hitting them. I wonder how you would do that?  ;)

ceejay

• Lamz0r N00b
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 07:18:50 PM »
 thanx for the help guys , i have 4 pieces now  8) 

im playing the latest version 1.27 , and the readme explains these items will only drop in hell
which is where i found them

one last question , can this mod be played with plugy  ?  i find that trying to collect sets etc.. there is simply not enough stash space.

sorry if this thread is in the wrong spot .... obviously its not a bug :-[

Zaranthos

• Administrator
  • C.H.U.M.
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 10:36:51 PM »
Yes PlugY will work if you set it up correctly. At least in single player, TCP/IP, and open Battle.net games.

ceejay

• Lamz0r N00b
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 03:43:37 AM »
 i found  azmodon , he is going crazy through the glass  but he cant break it either ,  he managed to break it 

for me in nightmare ( i went back to check ), but i guess in hell its bulletproof glass ,                           

have tried every weapon and potion .... nothing

even my maxed out warcry only stuns the glass

have any other players completed this with a barb ? 

Zaranthos

• Administrator
  • C.H.U.M.
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 11:11:58 AM »
It took me a long time to do it. Definitely not easy. I don't even remember exactly what I did. But I don't think Azmodon will hit the windows unless you're on the other side. He really just wants to hit you.  ;D

ceejay

• Lamz0r N00b
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 09:08:54 AM »
sorry to be a pain but im having some trouble locating the other pieces

dragons      done

azmodon     done

dark lord     done

belial          done

Most monsters in The Dungeon has one (not terribly common, but better than in 1.22)
     I went through there many times doing dark lord runs ... never noticed anything, that is the first level to hell yes ?

Ditto for Act 2 Horadric Cube area.
   only ever standard monsters here .... should i be looking for something specific

Reziarfg has one.
  cant find him... where does this bad boy hide  ?

Zaranthos

• Administrator
  • C.H.U.M.
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 09:40:55 AM »
sorry to be a pain but im having some trouble locating the other pieces

I went through there many times doing dark lord runs ... never noticed anything, that is the first level to hell yes ?

No. The dungeon is before that I think.

only ever standard monsters here .... should i be looking for something specific

I don't think it's right where the cube drops. Somewhere fairly close to that.

cant find him... where does this bad boy hide  ?

One of the underground side dungeons and it only spawns randomly in act 3.

bibi-one

• Lamz0r N00b
secret cow level
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 05:20:39 AM »
hi! i know that a topic already exist about cow level but thats make 1 week that i search to open this cow lvl and i only found diablo's heart dragon teath and belial itm          i have no idea where i can find the other parts so please tell me in wich areas i can found them thanks

deepshadow

• Lamz0r N00b
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 07:42:17 AM »
Hmm was there something thingy "cheat" to open the portal ?

-deepsh