Author Topic: Banning people who just want to cause trouble  (Read 5118 times)

Zaranthos

• Administrator
  • C.H.U.M.
Banning people who just want to cause trouble
« on: October 04, 2008, 12:46:27 PM »
For the first since the clan was formed I've banned someone from the forums. They thought they were cute posting a clan ad for another clan and trying to take advantage of recent unpleasantness. Which brings me to a new conclusion. There is very little I've censored in the past. That may have to change. I've put up with plenty of garbage in the past and when I look back on most of it I just don't see any good reason to tolerate it. I'm all for honest debate, criticism, and don't have a big problem with people who disagree. But when people are utterly destructive, dishonest, or just out to cause problems it seems counterproductive to put up with it at all.

If you want to cause problems, be mean and disrespectful, distort the truth to stir up trouble go somewhere else. There are plenty of places on the internet to post whatever you want. This isn't one of them.

If you have a problem with something and can't at least be respectful you should handle it with me personally in kmail and not start a public drama that just stirs up problems. If you get your feelings hurt and can't resolve it with the proper people move on to something else. Don't try to destroy what other people have built to satisfy your quest for revenge or whatever.

This is a clan. A community. A group of people who should be working towards a common goal. Where teamwork and mutual respect should be more important than petty little bickering.

Mandoline

• Spam Witch
Re: Banning people who just want to cause trouble
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 12:22:54 AM »
yea, spam-bot, in your face!
that'll theach him/her/it!

Xenthes

• Administrator
  • C.H.U.M.
  • Reigning King
Re: Banning people who just want to cause trouble
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 06:25:23 AM »
* Xenthes bans Mandoline for bring up long dead threads.