Author Topic: A leader for SevenLances.com clan  (Read 27770 times)

WRP/C

• me4t begZ0r
Re: A leader for SevenLances.com clan
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 01:24:28 PM »
Hrmm, I think we now know who populates that purported 'fan club.'

Nonsi would make a great clan-leader!  We need a touch of feminine smiting after years of brutish, bacongreasy, manhandling by Z  (and hey dude, if you're joining the Brute Squad, take me with ya!).

Mephista

• sleepy kitten
  • Administrator
  • Flaming Troll
    • sleepykitten.net
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 01:56:47 PM »
Web server skills in addition to social ones a plus! 
Scientist by Day
Sorceress by Night

Froggie Legs

• C.H.U.M.
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 02:08:55 PM »
Web server skills in addition to social ones a plus! 

excellent point Mephista (hi by the way..how's med school coming along??)

Z is constantly "fixing" stuff that goes wrong behind the scenes...he's not just that charming bacon eater we've all come to know and (for some of us) love :)

"As Thomas Jefferson understood,..."Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have." Senator Jim DeMint

Mephista

• sleepy kitten
  • Administrator
  • Flaming Troll
    • sleepykitten.net
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2009, 03:11:57 PM »
Any delegation on maintaining the server has to go through me, I don't like giving out passwords to people I don't know.  I also know that I'll be really busy starting in July 2010, IE not enough time sleep.  But on the plus side, my PhD is almost done, and then I'll be going back and getting the MD.

@anonsi That's how I ended up running 7L in the beginning, people skills, server, enthusiasm.  ;)  Mostly the server and the willingness to maintain it.  I find it amazing that we've been around for such a long time, totally different from the 7L that I made happen, but so awesome that the name lives on!  We started in what, 2002 with the D2 mod?
Scientist by Day
Sorceress by Night

sex_factory

• C.H.U.M.
  • Lovely pony by the talented shii
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 03:47:57 PM »
What's with all this support?  It's not like we're some sort of democracy that "votes".  Where's the mud-slinging, the Machiavellian political scheming, the backstabbing!?  I expect more from you people  >:(

WRP/C

• me4t begZ0r
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2009, 07:05:27 PM »
That freakish Sex_Factory is a perverted, filty, commie, pinko pervert that likes to molest ponies!  That's what I heard from this, uh, second cousin of my sister-in-law's best friend's boyfriends little brother!  He saw him in a field in Iowa!  And he's a communist (it was a God-fearing, Republican, heartland, blue-collar pony!)!

VOTE ANONSI!

!!!

!!!!

P.S.  Is that more along the lines of what you were suggesting SF?

sex_factory

• C.H.U.M.
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2009, 09:08:39 PM »
Well, because I can't just let nonsi run completely unopposed....

I've been playing KoL for almost 4 years now, and I've called 7L home for much of that.  In spite of my curmudgeonly outward appearance, I care very deeply for this clan.  It's sorta like my home away from home, and while at home, among other places.  When the issue was first raised in our super-secret admin forums I was rather ambivalent about the whole thing.  Yeah, I would do it if nobody volunteered, we would need a leader afterall, and I wasn't outright opposed to the idea of being leader.  But after some careful consideration, I'm at the point where I genuinely want the job.  I've been a clan leader in the past and it was something I actively enjoyed doing.  As I said in the admin forum, I actually love going through a stack o' k-mails every morning.

Ask anyone who really knows me and they will tell you I'm:

- A jerk helpful person
 - Impartial
 - Not the type to take things personally
 - Fat Thick-skinned enough to handle criticism
 - Better than anonsi

I have complete faith that whoever Z appoints as the new leader will do just fine, and not burn the place to the ground....unless it isn't me, in which case I'm looting as much stuff as I can from the stash and leaving the clan in a huff.

killsomeone

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2009, 01:54:26 AM »
Get chatbot to roll dice for adminship

Put your names down here

King Beanface

• KoL Administrators
  • C.H.U.M.
  • Bean, the clammie, by the luffable shii <3
    • Sick Joke Promotions
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 03:12:27 AM »
/msg chatbot roll 1d1 King Beanface to win clan leadership

So my plan is: We put our names into this page, then I'll send the above pm to chatbot. I've got shotgun on position 1 on the roll >_>
ZapRowsdower: You'll know next time, Beanface, always use protection when dealing with Pacone

killsomeone

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2009, 08:00:01 AM »
Lol good idea, that was actually fairer than i expected it to turn out :)

sarspastic

• C.H.U.M.
  • Shii rules!
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2009, 08:00:57 AM »
I'll vote for anyone who will give me even more butt-kicking power.  I'll take written proposals via kmail.

:)

I thought about throwing myself into the mix, but I know myself and I know I won't put the time/effort into it that either Noni or SF will.  Either one of them would be great and would do a fabulous job.

Mephista

• sleepy kitten
  • Administrator
  • Flaming Troll
    • sleepykitten.net
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2009, 09:17:31 AM »
Who says we need only one person to do stuff for the clan?  Having two people (a yin and a yang, so to speak) means more eyes looking out to make sure stuff is OK.  If there are people who are committed and willing to work, and can work well together, a team is the best way to go.  People have strengths and weaknesses, and you put together people, you get more strengths and the weaknesses cancel out. 
Scientist by Day
Sorceress by Night

Froggie Legs

• C.H.U.M.
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2009, 11:02:33 AM »
another prerequisite... to lack any social life whatsoever...ignoring home,work, family, friends for the sake of the clan!

(wait... that would make SF a qualifier ... what am I saying!!??)

"As Thomas Jefferson understood,..."Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have." Senator Jim DeMint

Glittster

• C.H.U.M.
  • These boots were made for booting... >.<
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2009, 05:11:09 PM »
I'd consider it... just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons ;-)

sex_factory

• C.H.U.M.
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2009, 05:51:42 PM »
I'd consider it... just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons ;-)

Who you callin' a pigeon?  >:(

anything