Author Topic: Coordinated Dreadsylvania run?  (Read 5433 times)

Mad Shelley

• Lamz0r N00b
Coordinated Dreadsylvania run?
« on: September 03, 2013, 12:12:30 PM »
A couple of people have mentioned the option of a coordinated Dreadsylvania run - specifically in response to recent posts about distribution of Dreadsylvania loot;  if there is the interest we might be able to do it (and I am happy to coordinate).  I'm thinking primarily of people who have spent a lot of turns already - but haven't quite spent enough to participate much in the distribution of loot. 

We would need to pay for the instance (1 million, plus the booze) - and we would need to do it in a fixed window of time, over rollover - so everyone would need to be online from, say 10.30 pm until it was done.  Questions?  Send me a mail. 

Please post here if you would be interested in participating. 

Bantyak

• Lamz0r N00b
Re: Coordinated Dreadsylvania run?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 02:18:26 PM »
10:30 pm in what time zone? And would there be a raffle or some other kind of system to decide who gets what, or would it be something more like 'dibs on the hard mode ZHA piece'? If the latter, I think it should be posted here.

(Just in case, dibs on HOA book if it drops)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 02:20:27 PM by Bantyak »
大家是白痴

Mad Shelley

• Lamz0r N00b
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 02:45:57 PM »
Good point about time zone.  If I coordinate this it would be easier for me to stick to East Coast time - I work and I'm not as young as I once was (!).  When we have a core of participants we can figure out how to divvy up the items.  I am not proposing this so that I can receive items.  I do not need to receive anything at all - but I am happy to contribute as far as possible to the adventure tally (if this is rollover that means circa 600-700).  I'm also happy to contribute my share of the cost.  I hope it will be fun.

Bantyak

• Lamz0r N00b
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 03:18:33 PM »
Hmm if it's 10:30 Eastern time then I'll be not on my computer, on my phone instead, so it would be marginally harder for me to do a lot of turns. If we maybe start it earlier (maybe 9:00?) and end later (maybe 7:00 am?), I'll be able to finish all my turns both days. It's possible to make it available only to certain players, right? Cost-wise, I might have some trouble, because I'm short on booze and Meat. Maybe for meat I could donate only 50K but fight all hard mode bosses that I can? (Which are ZHA and Unkillable skeleton, I have the necklace for Wolf, but doubtful ability to fight it). Is the day for this already certain or will it just be fit in soon?
大家是白痴

Mad Shelley

• Lamz0r N00b
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 03:25:37 PM »
If there are enough takers this will happen as soon as it can.  Perhaps you can do a little farming in the meantime??  And we may not have that much leeway on the time.  Do you work in the evening?

Bantyak

• Lamz0r N00b
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 03:59:23 PM »
no not really in the evening, unless something big happens or I want to. 9 in the evening should be good though, west of the East coast it would still be going on at night, so unless they work through the night then that should be fine; people east should be fine too, it would end later in the morning. Unless you mean that the other Dread runs might be in the way?
大家是白痴

gangan

• Flaming Troll
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 04:15:15 PM »
I'd be happy to help.  My sauce has insane stats. 

I'd suggest that everyone bank turns the day before.  This seems obvious, but you'd be surprised.

You should probably calculate time by hours before or after rollover.  Serious adventurers have a sense of this.  :p

Bantyak

• Lamz0r N00b
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 04:50:38 PM »
That would be 2.5 hours before rollover beginning, and ending 7.5 hours after
大家是白痴